Coos Bay Public Library is closed until further notice. We are accepting telephone calls Monday through Saturday from 11:00am to 5:00pm. Please call 541-269-1101. Questions may be submitted online to [email protected]. Virtual programs and digital services, including Library2Go, hoopla, and TumbleBooks, continue to be available. Please check our website at http://coosbaylibrary.org for up-to-date information.
You are here
Welcome educators and caregivers! We applaud the work you do every day on behalf of the children in our community. Listed below are a few of the services and resources we have available. If there is anything more the library can do to support your efforts, we would like to know. Visit our Contact Us page to contact us.
Class Visits to CBPL
We love being a field trip destination! To make sure your visit is a success, please:
- Schedule your trip in advance. We want to be prepared for your group so we can provide the level of service and attention you deserve.
- Decide what activities you would like included in the visit. For example, we can do a storytime, library orientation, book talk, or scavenger hunt.
- Discuss appropriate library behavior with your students in advance.
- (Optional) Send library card applications home with students a couple weeks before the visit. Applications must be signed by the parent and returned to the library one week prior to the visit to ensure adequate processing time. Applications are available in English and Spanish.
CBPL Visits You
We love being invited into your classroom! Our Youth Services Librarian can pop in and book talk a few exciting new books or share about all the children’s programs we offer. Are you a preschool teacher? Request a storytime! We are happy to plan around whatever topic you are working on, just let us know.
In addition to classroom visits, we are available to attend special events (i.e. family literacy night), parent meetings, and staff meetings. Anytime we can collaborate, our kids win!
Early Learning Kits
- Play & Learn Boxes: For ages 0-3, these themed kits include board books, a toy or music CD, and a collection of songs and rhymes for you to share with your little ones.
- Preschool Packs: For ages 4-6, these themed packs include several books and a toy, game, and/or DVD.
- Ready Reader Packs: For beginning or struggling readers, these packs include several beginning reader books, word family manipulatives, and sight word flash cards.
In order to ensure that we can offer all students exactly what they need when they need it, we would appreciate notice of extensive or widespread research assignments. Please fill out the Assignment Alert Form so we can be prepared to help!
Customized Curriculum Support
If you would like us to put together a customized collection for your classroom, please fill out the Customized Curriculum Support Form. (You must have a valid Coastline library card.) Customized Curriculum Support is limited to 15 items. Depending on availability, pick up dates may vary. All materials are subject to CBPL circulation policies.