Stuck at home? Bored? Need a new recipe? Join us!
Coos Bay Library has teamed up with Coos Head Food Co-op's Outreach Coordinator, Jamar, to provide safe, easy, and healthy recipes to create at home. Join us virtually on Zoom for this fun community event!
For this month’s recipe, Jamar will be featuring COOS HEAD CORN CHOWDER. Scroll down for ingredients.
Register for this virtual event @ https://is.gd/0PTIGU
Event is FREE and open to everyone!
Coos Head Corn Chowder ingredients:
- 1 Yellow Onion (finely chop)
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 bulb of Garlic or 1/2 cup of minced garlic
- 2 (10 oz bags) of organic corn (does not have to be a specific brand) I will be using organic frozen corn
- 5 Yellow Potatoes (cut each potato into different bite size pieces and boil with a pinch of salt and a 1/4 tsp of Olive Oil till al dente)
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 cup of finely chopped Green Onions
- 1 cup of heavy cream or coconut milk
-1/3 cup of flour or brown rice flour
- 5 cups of Veggie Stock
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Please feel free to come into Coos Head Food Co-Op with any questions you may have about the ingredients. -Jamar