Coos Bay Public Library, in partnership with with American Sign Language instructor, Kandy Bergquist, will co-host ASL Practice Place every third Thursday of the month on Zoom!
Bergquist has been studying ASL 30 years. She worked as an interpreter in school systems including special needs children, in programs for special needs adults, and privately with adults. Additionally, she worked with the deaf and hard of hearing (D/HH) as an interpreter, classroom aid, and Speech Pathologist. Bergquist received specialized training in graduate school for working with the D/HH population and currently teaches ASL and Signed English at Southwestern Oregon Community College.
Program is for those who wish to practice their ASL conversational skills and help other learners in a friendly setting. Attendees will have the opportunity to sign in ASL as a group for one hour in a casual, informal environment. This is NOT a class, but we will provide ideas for conversational topics. Beginners are welcome. Let’s sign!
This program is FREE and open to anyone who wishes to sharpen their ASL conversational skills. Register for this virtual program @ https://bit.ly/3m6j2WG
JUNE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Start thinking about the following questions and we'll sign on the 16th!
Subject: Homes (continued) & Miscellaneous
1.What is the fewest and the most people you have shared a home with?
2. Have you ever lived on an island? if so, where?
3. If you could live anywhere, where would that be and what kind of home would it be in?
4. Tell us about a movie that you saw recently.
5. Where does your best friend(s, if more than one)live?
6. Do you have favorite subject you study?
7. What is your favorite mode of travel?
8. What do you do to relax?
9. What food do you like that others find odd?
10. If you could start a charity, what would it be for?