Coos Bay Public Library, in partnership with with American Sign Language instructor, Kandy Bergquist, will co-host ASL Practice Place every third Thursday of the month on Zoom!
Bergquist has been studying ASL 30 years. She worked as an interpreter in school systems including special needs children, in programs for special needs adults, and privately with adults. Additionally, she worked with the deaf and hard of hearing (D/HH) as an interpreter, classroom aid, and Speech Pathologist. Bergquist received specialized training in graduate school for working with the D/HH population and currently teaches ASL and Signed English at Southwestern Oregon Community College.
Program is for those who wish to practice their ASL conversational skills and help other learners in a friendly setting. Attendees will have the opportunity to sign in ASL as a group for one hour in a casual, informal environment. This is NOT a class, but we will provide ideas for conversational topics. Beginners are welcome. Let’s sign!
This program is FREE and open to anyone who wishes to sharpen their ASL conversational skills. Register for this virtual program @ https://bit.ly/3m6j2WG
APRIL DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Start thinking about the following questions and we'll sign on the 21st!
1. Please share something about yourself.
2. Where did you grow up?
3. What is your favorite thing about where you grew up?
4. What is your favorite food/snack?
5. Do you play a musical instrument?
6. What is your favorite movie of all time?
7. What is your favorite book,Why?
8. What is a tip/suggestion you have to help with sign language?
9. Tell us about a movie you saw recently?
10.Where does your best friend live?