You are here
Regular Programs for Adults
The Coos Bay Library hosts many events for adults and older teens. Check the calendar to learn about upcoming events.
Books2Film Book Club (3rd Mondays at 6 p.m.)
Read the book then watch the film! Film and discussion 3rd Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Myrtlewood Room.
Forever Young Adult (1st Mondays at 6 p.m.)
Forever Young Adult is an 18+ book group for adults who read teen fiction. The group meets on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library's Cedar Room. FYA alternates reading a single book as a group and having more open discussions of many books around a particular theme. Newcomers are always welcome!
- Monday, October 2nd at 6 p.m.
- Fantasy Inspired by Non-Western Mythologies
- Monday, November 6th at 6 p.m.
- Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out by Susan Kuklin
Readers' Monthly Book Group (1st Wednesdays at 6 p.m.)
Informed and Entertained
- Armchair Film Adventures (Second Tuesdays at 2 p.m.)
- Coloring Circle (16+, Third Tuesdays, 4-6 p.m.)
- Film Noir (Third Sundays at 4 p.m.)
- Foreign Film Friday (Second Fridays at 7 p.m.)
- Maker Madness (Second Fridays, 3:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Spanglish! (Spanish Conversation Group)
- Tabletop Board Game Night (16+, Fourth Fridays at 7 p.m.)
Services for Readers
Your Book of the Month
Your Book of the Month is a fun and easy way to try new books! Fill out a reading profile form and get one book per month hand-picked for you by the book experts at the Coos Bay Public Library.
Access an extensive catalog of e-books, audiobooks, and videos that can be downloaded and enjoyed on your home computer, e-reader, tablet, smartphone, or mp3 player.